If you’re looking for the convenience of living near a large town or city but also want the comfort and security that the suburbs have to offer, a master-planned community may be just what you’re looking for!
One of the best places to live in Georgetown TX is the Wolf Ranch master-planned community as it’s conveniently located to so many shops, restaurants, social hangouts, and let’s not forget, ‘The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas’!
Wolf Ranch prides itself on creating our community and works hard to provide events and activities to bring our neighbors together with our Lifestyle Program.
Shops at Wolf Ranch in Georgetown TX
Wolf Ranch residents have the added benefit of being within five minutes of some of the more everyday conveniences such as H-E-B, Natural Grocers, the local Post Office, Walgreens, Target, and Academy Sports. And that’s not all!
Conveniently located just minutes away from Wolf Ranch is the Wolf Ranch Town Center that includes 80+ shops, restaurants, gyms, and more! Here you can find chain stores such as Kohls, Sephora, Sally Beauty Supply, Ross, Michaels, Hallmark and more! But if you’re looking for those one-of-a-kind finds you can only get at local shops you’ve come to the right place! Historic Georgetown is known for its local shops on the square. Some of their best shops include:
- Mesquite Creek Outfitters - A local find, Mesquite Creek Outfitters is stocked with wine, craft beer, and men/women’s apparel! This may seem like an odd combo but believe us, this uncommon shop carries high end clothing for men and women, unique jewelry, and unique items that will leave you coming back for more!
- Lark & Owl - This independent bookstore and retail shop can be found in historic Downtown Georgetown. This inviting space was founded by women who offer their space for community, conversation, and of course, books!
- 6 Whiskey Company - A vintage-inspired shop, 6 Whiskey Company, offers hand-crafted American goods and apparel. You can find brands such as Pendleton, Double D Ranch, Tasha Polizzi, and Ivy Jane on their racks.
- Escape Fine Crafts and Gifts - If you’re looking for distinct, art pieces from 200+ artists from across the United States. Pieces range from contemporary wood works to glass to metal to even jewelry! Stop by this shop for some great gifts for those you love!
- Brazos Market - This Georgetown boutique offers great finds for clothes, gifts, jewelry, and more!
Major Employers in the Area
Just outside of the Austin city limits, Wolf Ranch still offers convenience to some of the major employers in the area.
- The Domain - The Domain offers many types of employment from retail to bank tellers to fitness instructors and it’s just a mere 30 minute drive!
- Dell - Dell employs nearly 13,000 people in and around Austin! With open job positions ranging from sales associates, marketing program managers, to software engineers or customer success managers - it seems as though they are constantly looking for new hires! Best of all, they’re just 15 minutes from Wolf Ranch!
- Apple Campus - Apple recently announced their new campus coming to Austin in years to come! Much like Dell, Apple already employs thousands of people in Austin. But when the campus opens, they’re looking to create 5,000 additional jobs for local residents! The new Apple Campus will be located just 30 minutes from Wolf Ranch.
- St. David’s - For all those medical professionals living in the area, it’s nice to know that one of the major medical employers, St. Davids, is located just down the street from Wolf Ranch.
- Baylor Scott & White - Located just 15 minutes from Wolf Ranch, Baylor Scott & White is almost as convenient of a drive as medical professionals commuting to St. Davids.
Restaurants near Wolf Ranch
Although there aren’t any restaurants at Wolf Ranch in Georgetown TX there are many restaurants and diners nearby!
While yes, there are lots of chains just minutes from Wolf Ranch like Chick-fil-A, Panera Bread, Willie’s Ice House, First Watch, and Starbucks, there are even more delicious local eateries just as close by!
- Monument Cafe - Established in 1995, the Monument Cafe in Georgetown has certainly become a staple in the Georgetown community. Known for their great breakfast, this cafe opens at 7 AM every day serves some scrumptious breakfast plates including migas, huevos rancheros, and chicken and biscuits!
- Blue Corn Harvest Bar & Grill - This adorable Southern grill features Tex-Mex and your typical grill eats such as salads, hamburgers, and fish. With a main dining room and full service bar this
- Hello Sweetie BBQ & More - This family-friendly establishment gives you a taste of Texas BBQ. You can buy brisket, chicken, sausage, and ribs either by the pound or made up into a fully-packed BBQ plate and rest assured that you’ll never leave this BBQ joing hungry! An added bonus, the full Hello Sweetie BBQ menu is made from scratch using family recipes.
- Milano Trattoria - This sit-down Italian restaurant is a small, cozy eatery. With dishes made from scratch daily, chef John Braga prides himself on the authentic taste of his homemade Italian food. Milano Trattoria is perfect for any date night!
- Nancy’s Sky Garden - An Asian Fusion restaurant with healthy and fresh Asian-inspired dishes. While Nancy’s Sky Garden started in Georgetown it has since branched out to other surrounding towns and has been a hit every time. If you’re looking for colorful plates packed with beautiful veggies and a fair amount of protein you should check out Nancy’s!
NightLife near Wolf Ranch
While Georgetown might not compare fully to the nightlife of our neighbor, Austin, we’ve still got more than a few places around Wolf Ranch that will be sure to entertain you on both weeknights and weekends!
- The Uptown Social - With beautiful patio views that overlook Georgetown’s downtown area, The Uptown Social is the perfect place to frequent on the weekends. They have a fully stocked bar and gourmet pizza that you’ll be sure to enjoy!
- Hardtails - A self-proclaimed rustic hangout, Hardtails doesn’t just have good drinks, they also have an amazing outdoor stage they use for live music a few nights a week!
- Jack’s Lounge - If you’re looking for some fancy drinks to enjoy/celebrate with friends look no further than Jack’s Lounge. This upscale lounge is located in the Sheraton Austin Georgetown Hotel and serves wine, beer, and beautiful cocktails.
- Office Lounge - Perhaps the closest of all these adventures, Office Lounge Nightclub is a mere 3 minute drive from Wolf Ranch Town Center! This local dive features live music a couple nights a month and is a real local crowd pleaser!
- CJ’s Sports Bar - For those sports fans out there, rest easy knowing that there’s a local Georgetown pub dedicated to showing you your favorite matches. This easygoing establishment is set with pool tables, bowling lanes, and even beers on tap!
Events in Georgetown TX
If there’s one thing the town of Georgetown excels at it’s their Hallmark-esk events that they throw/host all year round! Some of their most popular are:
- Red Poppy Festival - An annual favorite, the Red Poppy Festival takes place in the Town Square. This event includes a parade with bands, floats, a classic car show, live music, concerts, art displays, games, artisan shopping booths and much, much more! Best of all this festival is free admission!
- First Fridays - Each month, on the first Friday, the town merchants stay open later for evening shopping! You can stroll the historic streets of Georgetown while visiting local shops, restaurants, and galleries!
- Sunset Movie Series - The Sunset Movie Series takes place in the Spring and Summer months at local parks. You and the family can pack up some chairs and blankets (and bring a snack or two) and enjoy the warm weather with your neighbors and friends while you watch a family-friendly movie on the lawn!
- Music on the Square (Summer Concerts) - The city of Georgetown has arranged for free Live Music almost every Friday night during the summer months. Concerts take place on the beautiful Town Square and are enjoyed by anyone who wishes to come!
- The Georgetown Swirl - If you’re a wine lover (and we think you might be as a resident of Georgetown) you’ll want to be sure to grab some friends and head to The Georgetown Swirl! This cute little fest offers wine, food tasting, and Jazz Music while you shop at the local shops on Georgetown Square. This annual event is going on it’s 10th year and has never disappointed!
Wolf Ranch Georgetown homes are conveniently located to many shops, restaurants, and social scenes making them the best places to live in Georgetown TX.